Free Rewards Checking
This free high interest checking account offers a trend-setting 1.56% APY* with no monthly service fee or minimum balance, and much more.
SCU's Free Rewards Checking is Nerdwallet's top pick for free checking accounts.
- 1.56% APY* on balances up to $10,000
- ATM fee refunds nationwide*
- No monthly service fee
- No minimum balance requirements
- Free traveler's checks
- Five free corporate checks per month
- Access your money via the telephone, Internet, ATMs and Visa® Check Card
- Pay all your bills on one site with Free Online BillPay
- Use Online Access to manage your accounts. You have complete privacy and security with our 128-bit encryption and our Sentry-7 protection program
- Free SCU & CO-OP ATM transactions (more than 400 CO-OP ATMs in the greater Sacramento area). Log on to www.co-opnetwork.org to find an ATM near you
- Verified by Visa puts you in control when shopping Online: only you can approve purchases using your private password
With our Free Rewards Checking Account, significant rewards are easy! Here's all you have to do during a monthly qualification cycle**:
1) View your monthly statement electronically
2) Have at least 12 purchases with your Visa® Check Card post and clear
3) Have at least one direct deposit or ACH auto debit post and clear
*Minimum to open account is $25. Annual Percentage Yield (See current rate sheet for most up to date rate and tier information). Rate tiers are as follows: 1.56% APY applies to balances of $0.01 - $10,000.00 and 0.25% APY applies to balances over $10,000.00 if qualifications are met during the monthly qualification cycle. 0.01% APY applies to all balances if monthly qualifications are not met. All balances will earn 1.56% APY – 0.25% APY if monthly qualifications are met. Rates may change after the account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings. Qualifying transactions must post and clear the account during the monthly qualification cycle. Transactions may take one or more business days from the transaction date to post to an account from the date the transaction is made. Intra-bank transfers do not count as qualifying ACH transactions. ATM Fee reimbursements on ATM surcharge fees, up to $4.99 per transaction up to $25 provided only if qualifications are met within the monthly qualification cycle.
**Monthly Qualification Cycle is between the last business day of the prior month and the next to last business day of the current month.