Popmoney is an innovative personal payment service that eliminates the hassles of checks and cash. Now, sending and receiving money is as easy as emailing and texting.
Popmoney is convenient for you and the people you send money to. They can simply receive the money into their bank account online.
The following are just a few of the convenient ways that you can use Popmoney:
- Send money to your child at college
- Send a gift to family and friends
- Reimburse friends for that fun outing
- Pay your babysitter or your lawn care service
- Pay rent to your landlord or roommates
Here are the different ways you can send money to someone:
You can send money to someone using their email address, mobile number or account information:
- Email address: your contact will receive an email with instructions on how to direct the payment into his or her account.
- Mobile number: a text message will be sent to the recipient on your behalf with instructions on how to direct the payment into his or her account. You may want to tell your contact that standard message and data rates may apply.
- Account information (routing and account number): the money will be deposited directly into your contact's account. You will also have the option to send an email to your contact.
Quick Facts about Popmoney
- The recipient receives payment notification via e-mail or text message.
- In most cases, the money is automatically deposited in the recipient's account.
- Although the service is free, the sender is charged a small fee. There is no fee to the recipient.
- You can track recent and pending transactions through your history.
- You can change your e-mail address or mobile phone number in Service Setup.
- How does Popmoney work?
- To send money, log in to your Online Banking account, and under Bill Pay look for Popmoney.
- Send money to anyone using their email address or account information.
- You will be notified when the transaction is completed.
- When someone sends money to you, you will receive an email or text message.
- Log in to your Online Banking account, and under Bill Pay/Popmoney direct the funds.
- If you do not provide your account information, the payment will be automatically returned to the sender's account.
*Money sent directly to an account will be automatically deposited. No action is required by the recipient.
- How to access Popmoney?
Popmoney is available through Sacramento Credit Union's Online Banking and Mobile Banking.
1. Just sign in, and go to Pay Bills section.
2. Click Popmoney.
To send money:
1. In the Send Money section of the page, select someone new or someone in my send list:
- If you are sending money to a person for the first time, enter the required information. (This person will remain in your list for future use.)
- If you have sent money to this person before, select the name from your list. The personal information will automatically populate in the form.
2. Enter the amount you want to send. Note the fee charged for sending this payment and the maximum amount you may send.
3. In Pay From, select the account from which to withdraw the money you send.
Your preferred account is selected by default, but you can select any account that has check-writing privileges. To make the selected account your preferred account, select Make Preferred Account.
4. Include a message if desired. For example, "Thanks for the tickets", or "Here's my half of the dinner bill from last night."
5. Click Preview Payment.
6. Review the payment details and click Send Money. The person receives notification (either e-mail or text message) of your payment.
To claim money:
1. Click Get Money (in the Get Money box near the top of the page).
2. Enter the transaction code and the e-mail address or mobile number of the sender.
3. Click Get Money.