One of the region's most rewarding Free Checking Accounts
Ready for a high-interest checking account with all the convenient features you need to manage your money daily? Our Free Rewards Checking account is the best option for members. Your deposits grow at a fantastic rate, and you don't have to worry about a monthly service fee or minimum balance requirement.
Earn more, every day:
You deserve a checking account that works in your best interests. Our Free Rewards Checking account lets you earn 2.12% APY* on balances up to $10,000 and provides 24/7 access to fit your busy schedule.
- Pay your bills online
- Transfer money and monitor your account online, via mobile device and over the phone
- Free ATM access at Sacramento Credit Union (SCU) ATMs and those within the nationwide CO-OP Network
- ATM fee refunds available for out-of-network transactions*
- Our chip-enabled card provides extra security when shopping with your SCU Visa® debit card
- Five free cashier's checks per month
It's easy to earn your rewards
All you have to do is meet the following criteria during each monthly qualification cycle:**
- View your monthly statement via e-Statements
- Make at least 12 purchases each month with your SCU Visa debit card
- Make sure at least one direct deposit or ACH auto debit posts and clears
*Minimum to open account is $25. Annual Percentage Yield (See current rate sheet for most up to date rate and tier information). Rate tiers are as follows: 2.12% APY applies to balances of $0.01 - $10,000.00 and .25% APY applies to balances over $10,000.00 if qualifications are met during the monthly qualification cycle. 0.01% APY applies to all balances if monthly qualifications are not met. All balances will earn 2.12% APY – .25% APY if monthly qualifications are met. Rates may change after the account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings. Qualifying transactions must post and clear the account during the monthly qualification cycle. Transactions may take one or more business days from the transaction date to post to an account from the date the transaction is made. Intra-bank transfers do not count as qualifying ACH transactions. ATM Fee reimbursements on ATM surcharge fees, up to $4.99 per transaction up to $25 provided only if qualifications are met within the monthly qualification cycle.
**Monthly Qualification Cycle is between the last business day of the prior month and the next to last business day of the current month.