We're a full-service financial institution focused on your best interests
Sacramento Credit Union (SCU) is member-owned, meaning each member has a say in how we conduct business. As a not-for-profit institution, we prioritize members' goals and provide modern products and conveniences that help you manage and grow your money, all delivered with personalized, attentive service.
Serving the Sacramento, California area since 1935
Our roots extend to 1935 when Sacramento County Employees' Credit Union opened in an abandoned church at 715 Seventh Street, sharing space with Southern Pacific Employees' Credit Union to reduce operating expenses. In the early 1970s, we purchased the property where our corporate office currently stands.
Throughout the decades, we've always been committed to members' financial well-being. Our membership base has grown steadily, and in the mid-1980s we changed our name to Sacramento Credit Union to reflect our service expansion beyond county employees.
At every stage of life, we provide knowledgeable, friendly advice backed by the products you need to reach your goals.
Our executive management team supervises SCU's daily operations and ensures policies of the Board of Directors are enacted and followed.
- Bhavnesh Makin: President and Chief Executive Officer
- Glenda Kaiser: Chief Financial Officer
- Aletha Hickey: Vice President, Human Resources
- Megan Caldwell: Vice President, Retail Sales and Services
- Brian Cotton: Vice President, Digital Banking and Contact Center
- Ken Gladden: Vice President, Lending Operations
The Board of Directors governs SCU by establishing and reviewing all policies. Members of the Board of Directors are elected by the SCU membership and serve without pay. The Supervisory Committee, independent of the Board of Directors, oversees the safety and soundness of the credit union. This committee is elected in the same manner, also serving without pay.
Board of Directors
- Les Brown: Chair
- Willie L. Southward III: Vice Chair
- Judy McGarry: Secretary-Treasure
- Linda Foster-Hall: Director
- Aron Brewer: Director
- Mary Ann Carrasco: Director
- Kristin Van Gaasbeck: Director
- Gene Webb: Chair
- Remie Diva: Secretary
- Beverly Skeaton: Member
- Joe Barba: Member
- Sophia McBeth-Childs: Member
Get instant updates on everything happening at SCU by signing up for our quarterly newsletter.
Read our most recent newsletter and access archived newsletters and annual reports. For a copy of annual reports prior to 2004, call (916) 444-6070, Ext. 3019.