Sacramento Credit Union (SCU) membership is open to anyone who lives or regularly works in the California counties of El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, Solano, Sutter, Yolo and Yuba, as well as any and all businesses, corporations and/or other legal entities operating in these counties.
The easiest and quickest way to join SCU is through our online application
Join In Person
If you prefer, you can also visit a SCU branch
. Please make sure to bring the following materials with you:
SCU is a state-chartered, community credit union. The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), a federal agency, insures each member to at least $250,000.
- Driver's license (or other official picture identification)
- A second form of ID, such as an employer ID badge, utility bill or credit card
- Proof of eligibility (e.g., pay stub, employer ID badge, business card)
- Document showing your current physical address
- At least $30 in cash or check ($55 if you're opening both a Savings and Checking Account); a one-time, non-refundable $5 membership fee will be deducted