Discover a better way to manage your money
Sacramento Credit Union (SCU) is here to serve you. As a not-for-profit institution, our mission is to provide stronger savings rates and lower loan rates, all while delivering personalized service with the resources you'd expect from a full-service financial institution.
SCU membership elevates you
Credit union membership is open to anyone who lives or regularly works in the California counties of El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, Solano, Sutter, Yolo and Yuba, as well as any and all businesses, corporations and/or other legal entities operating in these counties.
SCU is a state-chartered, community credit union. The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), a federal agency, insures each member to at least $250,000.
The easiest and quickest way to join SCU is through our online application
. But you have other options, too.
Visit an SCU branch location
and we'll help you with the process. Make sure you bring these materials:
- Driver's license (or other official picture identification)
- A second form of ID, such as a pay stub, employer ID badge, utility bill or credit card
- Proof of eligibility (e.g., pay stub, employer ID badge, business card)
- Document showing your current physical address
- At least $30 in cash or check ($55 if you're opening both a Savings and Checking Account); a one-time, non-refundable $5 membership fee will be deducted
Or call us at (916) 444-6070 and we'll send you everything you need to open your account, including a postage-paid envelope.
- Complete and sign your application
- Include a photocopy of your driver's license or other official picture identification
- Include a photocopy of a second form of identification, such as a pay stub, employer ID badge or utility bill
- Include proof of membership eligibility
- Include a photocopy of a document showing your current physical address
- Enclose a check of at least $30($55 if you're opening both a Savings and Checking Account); a one-time, non-refundable $5 membership fee will be deducted
- Mail the application and documents to this address:
Sacramento Credit Union
P.O. Box 2351
Sacramento, CA 95812-2351