Discover a better way to manage your money
Sacramento Credit Union (SCU) is here to serve you. As a not-for-profit institution, our mission is to provide stronger savings rates and lower loan rates, all while delivering personalized service with the resources you'd expect from a full-service financial institution.
SCU membership elevates you
Credit union membership is open to anyone who lives or regularly works in the California counties of El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, Solano, Sutter, Yolo and Yuba, as well as any and all businesses, corporations and/or other legal entities operating in these counties.
SCU is a state-chartered, community credit union. The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), a federal agency, insures each member to at least $250,000.
The easiest and quickest way to join SCU is through our online application
If you'd prefer, you can also visit an SCU branch
. Please make sure to bring the following materials:
- Driver's license (or other official picture identification)
- A second form of ID, such as a pay stub, employer ID badge, utility bill or credit card
- Proof of eligibility (e.g., pay stub, employer ID badge, business card)
- Document showing your current physical address
- At least $30 in cash or check ($55 if you're opening both a Savings and Checking Account); a one-time, non-refundable $5 membership fee will be deducted