It Pays to Become an SCU Member!
Sacramento Credit Union (SCU) is a cooperative, owned and operated by its members. This is what distinguishes the Credit Union from other financial institutions. Members put their money in a variety of savings accounts called "share" accounts, and that money, in turn, is lent to members. After operating expenses and reserve requirements are met, loan income is returned to all members in the form of dividends (interest on deposits) and comprehensive financial services.
SCU is a state-chartered, community credit union, organized under strict regulatory laws that are monitored and enforced by the National Credit Union Administration, an agency of the U.S. Government, and the State of California Department of Financial Institutions. The NCUA insures each member account to at least $250,000.
SCU is governed by a Board of Directors that establishes and reviews policy. The Directors are Credit Union members who are elected by the membership and serve without pay. Every member has one vote, regardless of how much he or she has on deposit. At the Credit Union, there is no select group of shareholders that profits more than anyone else. All members profit -- individually and collectively.
- Any and all persons who live or regularly work in El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, Solano, Sutter, Yolo and Yuba Counties, California, as well as any and all businesses, corporations, and/or other legal entities in the aforementioned counties
Join Us Today
We offer three convenient ways to join the Credit Union if you meet SCU's eligibility requirements:
Visit an SCU Branch Location
Come into any of SCU's local branch offices and one of our Financial Services Officers will gladly assist you with the membership application process. To open an account at a branch:
- Bring a driver's license (or other official picture identification)
- Bring a second form of identification, such as a pay stub, employer ID badge, or utility bill.
- Plus, bring proof of eligibility to join the credit union, (i.e. pay stub, employer ID badge, business card)
- Bring a document showing your current physical address (even if you do not receive mail at that location), such as a driver's license, pay stub, employer ID or current utility bill.
- Bring a document showing a social security number such as Social Security Card or a copy of a Social Security Card
- Bring cash or a check for at least $30.00 ($55.00 if you are opening both a Savings and a Checking Account) payable to "Sacramento Credit Union." A one-time $5.00 non-refundable membership fee will be deducted from your initial deposit.
Join by Phone/Mail
Give one of our Member Service Representatives a call at (916) 444-6070, and we'll mail you everything you need to open an SCU Account, including a postage-paid envelope.
To join by mail:
- Complete the Membership Application in full, signing where indicated.
- Include a photocopy of your driver's license (or other official picture identification)
- Include a photocopy of a second form of identification, such as a pay stub, employer ID badge, utility bill.
- Plus, include proof of membership eligibility such as a payroll stub, etc.
- Include a photocopy of a document showing your current physical address (even if you do not receive mail at that location), such as a driver's license, pay stub, employer ID or current utility bill.
- Enclose a check in the amount of at least $30.00 payable to Sacramento Credit Union, or $55.00 if you are opening both a savings and a checking account. Upon opening your account, a one-time $5.00 non-refundable membership fee will be deducted from your initial deposit.
Mail the completed Membership Application and check to:
Sacramento Credit Union
P.O. Box 2351
Sacramento, CA 95812-2351
Special Notice on Membership Application Procedures
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.
Contact us at (916) 444-6070 or (888) SACTO-01
Fax: (916) 449-2785
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.